Facts, Info, Etc.
• Jamil Munoz, 26, is a freelance filmmaker from Syracuse, NY.
• currently resides in New York City
• currently working on an MFA in film directing at Columbia University.
• He holds a BFA in Film from Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts.
• Received the Carol M. Schmuckler Award for Achievement in Filmmaking.
• Selected to attend Sorkin Week, an L.A. industry immersion sponsored by Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network, The Newsroom).
• curated Dropped Frames, a visiting artist series featuring independent filmmakers Lance Hammer (Ballast), Antonio Campos(Afterschool), Josh & Benny Safdie (Daddy Longlegs), Ronnie Bronstein (Frownland), Emily Hubley (The Toe Tactic).
• sound recordist on Laurel Nakadate’s Gotham Award nominated The Wolf Knife.
• Editor/Assistant Camera on Escape From St. Quentin’s (short, dir. Scott Peters)
• Producer on King Lee (feature, dir. Jonathan Case)
• freelance video producer
• concert video enthusiast, filming bands such as Youth Lagoon, Rubblebucket, Ra Ra Riot, and Future Islands.
• A Man Alone - thesis film
• Collegetown - web series, two seasons
• Hurricane Jane - short, featured on No Budge
• The Making of Chemo Curveball - short, created for a 48 hour film event
• Where I Found You – short
• The No. 1 Blackout - short